Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Day 2...

Today was a great day!  I got so much accomplished and stayed on the plan for the post part!  

Sleep - my number one struggle in life.  There is never enough time in the day, and yesterday was no different.  

My days are quite hectic from Monday through Friday because I have four kids.  With four kids comes four different schedules.  

Every day, I am out of the house from approximately 7:45 until 12:30.  I then come home and catch up on things (dishes, laundry, tidying up) until it's time to get the kids at 3pm.  However, today I had to wait for my oldest to get out of Jazz band until 3:40.  We then booked it home, packed Tae Kwon Do and ski bags with snacks and gear.  At 4:30, we left for the mountain where I dropped off the #1 and 3 children.  Then, we drove about 25 minutes to Tae Kwon Do practice for the #2 child.  #4 and I played a variety of 5-year-old friendly card games for an hour while we waited for #2 to finish practice.  Once she was done, we went to the mountain to pick up #3 as his practice was done at 7pm.  We then went home.  ... No, I didn't forget #1!  Not today anyway!  She had already been taken home by my husband because she had an online collaboration project to do at home. 

So - with that busy schedule, I wound up going to bed later than I need to.  10pm!  That's really late for me.  As a result, I didn't sleep very much, although the quality seemed to be quite good.  I don't remember waking up as much as I typically do.  Silver lining, right?  Tonight, the kids have me out until 7:20 or so, so once I get them to bed, I will have my tea and relax by the fire.  I will try to get to bed by 8:30 so I can be sleeping by 9!  

One other hiccup was that I had my husband make sweet apple chicken sausage for dinner with steamed veggies.  I thought I was doing a good thing by having protein and veggies, but then I looked at the ingredients and the number two ingredient is sugar!  Not fake sugar though, so I think that is okay for these first two weeks, but I still want to try avoiding it if I can.  

Overall - kickass day 2, my friends!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment